Jane Austen Fan Fiction
Meryton Literary Society, Inc was granted non-Profit Status by the State of California in July 2008. We hold a valid federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) and function within the bounds of the law of the State of California.
This not for profit corporation has been organized exclusively to educate the general public by promoting and providing a venue to publish literature, as cited by section 501c3 of the Internal Revenue Code, or the corresponding section of any successive federal tax code. This purpose exists in and is manifested by the following sustaining activities:
- to periodically publish literary efforts based on Jane Austen?s works as well as original fiction;
- A: published works located online at "https://www.meryton.com/" And a forum located online at "https://www.meryton.com/aha/";
- to provide a forum for literary expression of works in the spirit of Austen and original fiction;
- to provide a forum for the discussion of written expression;
- to maintain archives of works in the spirit of Austen and original fiction;
- to make information on works in the spirit of Austen and original fiction available to the public;
- to stimulate appreciation for works in the spirit of Austen and original fiction;
- to assist other literary guilds or activities, whenever feasible;
- to encourage cross-cultural understanding;
- and to transact any other lawful business to further these purposes.
This not for profit corporation is nonpartisan and nonsectarian, and will not issue any endorsements. These purposes are intended to sustain this non-profit organization by benefiting its general community.
Who Owns the Copyright to works published by Meryton Literary Society Inc?
Meryton Literary Society provides a website where authors may present their works to the public. Meryton Literary Society also may provide assistance to authors who wish to publish their manuscripts. Meryton Literary Society, Inc. has no claim on ANY copyrights for works published either electronically or via traditional methods. Those copyrights remain the sole property of the authors.
Where may I view the Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws?
Do you publish Financial Statements, Annual Reports and Meeting Minutes?
Yes, in Compliance with Federal Law as those items become available links will be posted here:
Also in compliance with State and Federal law Meeting Minutes may be edited prior to posting to protect privacy in the case of personnel issues.
How Do I Contact MLS?
Meryton Literary Society, Inc.
15740 SE 166th PL
Renton WA 98058